Exercise #153 : "Smells Today"
What smells have you smelled today? Make a list.
LITTLE-KNOWN FACT: I have an incredible sense of smell. Like, bloodhound-worthy.
Ok, maybe not that strong, but I can usually pick out faint smells of which no one else is even aware. I consider it both a blessing and a curse, because there have been 1 or 2 times where I've smelled gas when the stove was on and no one else knew, but there are also times that I simply cannot eat particular foods because they smell so strongly to me.
Consult the image to the right to see what I see when confronted with broccoli on a plate...
It is Satan's "gift" to the world. Really and truly. I mean, come on, people! It's a tree. Why on God's green Earth would anyone want to eat a tree???
At any rate, something about the way it smells really affects me somehow. And since smell is connected so strongly with taste, I can't eat them. In fact, the smell of them makes me gag. Yeah, I'm that much of a wimp when my sense of smell is overwhelmed with nastiness.
But anyways, 1,2,3, GO!!
I thought this appropriate
for the topic at hand...
for the topic at hand...
- the cheese and chicken pizza I just ate (one word: yum)
- the lavender-scented air freshener by the litter box
- the slight odor of poop after one of my cats took a dump (Have you ever smelled cat poop? It's AWFUL! And pungent.)
- the soup my roommate was eating just a minute ago: I'm thinking it was a tomato-based soup with other such ingredients.
- my small pile of dirty laundry... Must wash that tomorrow.
- my shampoo - I use Aveda Madder Root shampoo, and it smells a little bit like cough syrup, but it maintains my red hair nicely. And I actually kind of like the scent.
- my olive oil bar of soap - I love this stuff. It makes my skin feel so soft!
- my roommate's shaving cream - He had just shaved, and I walked into the bathroom. It has that nice, clean, soapy smell.
- my hair - It still smells a bit like hair dye after last weekend's hair dying fiasco, but the smell has lessened significantly.
- the dusty mess that is my basement - It still smells a bit muddy due to the flood.
- summer - It's hot as an oven today, and whenever that happens, the whole city becomes this stagnant, humid place filled with sweaty people and unhappiness. Can it be fall now, please?
In other news, did you know that there's an LOLcat Bible (LOLcat Bible: In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez an da Erfs n stuffs)?? They took the Bible and translated it into LOLspeak. No lies. Truly. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. Part of me is slightly offended, but another part of me wants to buy it because that's just so hilarious. It begins thus:
Ceiling Cat Maek Awl teh StuffzAnd that's that... The Bible in LOLspeak. I wish I were kidding...
1. Oh hai! In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skys an teh Urfs, but he no eated dem.
2. Teh Urfs no has shaype an has darwk fase, an Ceiling Cat roed invisible bike ovah teh wawters.
3. At furst, no has lite. An Ceiling Cat saz, "I can has lite?" An lite wuz.
4. An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to see stuffs, an splitted teh lite frum teh dark, but dat wuz OK cuz kittehs can has site in teh dark an not fallz ovah nethin.
5. An Ceiling Cat sez, "Teh lite be Day an teh dark Nite." Dat wuz teh nawt secund day!
P.S. If you'd like to read more, go to the link listed above and click on the picture of the picture of the book. It shows the first several pages, and I must say I was actually quite entertained.